Recently, the Executive Committee of the Libertarian Party of West Virginia voted to remove the membership dues requirement. There is now no mandatory costs to become a member of the LPWV.
To become an Associate Member of the LPWV:
- Complete the form below, or download the attached PDF and submit via email or postal mail.
To become a Voting Member of the LPWV, the following additional action is required:
- Designate your voter registration with the WV Secretary of State. This requirement must be met 60 days prior to any vote call or nomination. You can register to vote or change your political party online at the WV Online Voters Registration Website. Please note: The registration deadline has been extended through March 31, 2016 for the 2016 LPWV Nominating Convention.
Associate Members receive the following benefits:
- A subscription to the LPWV Voice (the online newsletter of the LPWV)
- Email notifications for all events, news items and outreach efforts and activities
Voting Members receive all the benefits above, and also:
- Voting rights at all regular meetings and conventions of the LPWV
- Voting rights for election of State Party officers
- Voting rights for nomination of municipal, county, state and federal candidates
- Qualification to be elected to State Party office
- Qualification to be nominated as a candidate for public office
- Qualification to be nominated as a delegate to the LP National Convention